Friday, August 31, 2012

Happy Birthday Layton!!!!

Layton turned ONE just about a month ago..I know, I'm slow at announcing things, but oh well..I am now! :) He seriously is THE best thing that ever happened to me. I look forward to seeing that little face at 6:30 every morning..or 4:30, or 2:30 or 1:00  lol (Last night he got up at 1:30am and 4:30) still loved seeing his little crying face. Anyway, he brings SO much joy to my life. He's a bundle of energy and keeps me on my toes, but I love it. He has SOO much personality for a one year old, it amazes me. I feel like he is aging twice is fast. Can you believe it...he already knows how to climb all the steps at the park to go down the big slide!! I DIDNT TEACH HIM THAT! lol He is such a daredevil. :) Scares me everytime he does it and I'm right behind him in case he falls but he does it, and goes down all by himeself also! :) Anyway...back to the post!

SO, we had an UP themed birthday party for him because of the 'Russell' in his name. :) lol Barely anyone around here just calls him Layton, it's always Layton Russell. I even catch myself, when I really need to get his attention I use both names and he listens! :) So back to the party..lol I guess I should let the pictures do most of the explaining...it was a fun day, I'll say that much. I was really having a hard time that Laytons grandparents on my side couldn't be here for it, but on the day of the party it was all good, and I'm so thankful for that. We missed them, yes, but it was still a fun party!

UP cupcakes
Cake balls

Dipped Marshmellows
Cake Pops
Snipe Bars for the kids as favors :)


signing the 'guest book'











The 'Guestbook' a friend drew it for me and I wish I had a pic of the finished thing...it's FILLED with balloons...everywhere! This is glued in as the front page to his Adventure Book
















 
 The pinata! (Thanks Crystal for making this..it was SO cute!)

A ride for the kids!

 Saying goodbye to the balloons...



    


2 comments:

sage said...

Oh Danielle!!! What an adorable party! You are so incredibly talented and creative. LOVED seeing all the pictures. Layton is just beautiful. Is that okay to day about a one year old boy? ;) And you look beautiful too! So sorry I missed out. Can't believe it's been so long since I've seen any of you. Love you!!!

His Way Services said...

You did a good job! I like your color theme. Glad you had a happy, blessed day. God bless! Rebecca K.