Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Trusting God

I had a conversation with a friend of mine last night and it has left me pretty much lost. It doesnt make sense that it did, but it did. So, I am trying to make sense of it in my head today and figuring out where God wants me.

Last night, my life was being compared to Josephs. Although, he had it much worse than I do. He was put in situations that could leave a person wondering, "Why, God", and the same goes for me. Why would God take my Mom? Why would God have me move to my Dad's house? Why would God have me get a job? All of these questions race through my head, but I'm left with no answer.

One thing I do know though, is that Joseph trusted God. Trusted that God had a plan for his life and that each event had to happen to work for God's plan! This is what I am missing. I wonder sometimes about my life and WISH that God would use all these unfortunate events in my life to do something amazing, but then I come back to reality and know it wont happen. I have no faith I guess that God can use me. And I'm still struggling with believing that God can use my life to impact someone else.

I was in a MAJOR slump this morning before going to work, not being sure of anything. My same friend asked me last night what I love to do. What I could do for hours and it only seem like minutes, and I couldnt answer. I dont know. I honestly have no clue how to answer that. So, while thinking about that and my whole trust issue, then wondering what a "real" friend is, oh my, just TONS of things going through my head, I ended up just going to my bible and looking up scriptures on trusting God and having faith.

Psalm 4:5 "Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, and put your TRUST in the Lord"
Psalm 56:11 "In God have I put my TRUST: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me"
Psalm 118:8 "It is better to TRUST in the Lord than to put confidence in man"
Psalm 146:5 "Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose HOPE is in the Lord his God"

Prov. 3:5 "TRUST in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding"

Micah 7:5a "TRUST ye not in a friend, put ye not confidence in a guide..."

Hab. 2:4b "The just shall live by FAITH"

Luke 17:5 "And the apostles said unto the Lord, Increase our FAITH"

1 Cor. 15:14 "And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your FAITH is also vain"

2 Cor. 1:9 "But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not TRUST in ourselves, but in God which raiseth from the dead"
2 Cor. 5:7 "For we walk by FAITH, not by sight"

Col. 2:5 "For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the Spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the steadfastness of your FAITH in Christ"

2 Thess. 3:2 "And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not FAITH"

Heb. 2:13 "And again, I will put my TRUST in Him, and again behond I and the children which God hath given me"

James 1:6a "But let him ask in FAITH; nothing wavering.."

These are a few of the verses I found. It helped me a lot though to read these and to get out of the mess I was in this morning. Also, going to work and seeing the smiling faces of each child helped!!! :) ;) Please be praying that the Lord would open my eyes to what he wants for me, and for me to be content with where he has me, TRUSTING he has a plan for me! :)

~Danielle

1 comment:

Sara N. Smith said...

Very good and encouraging post! I know all too well that the 'trials' of life can leave us discouraged.
Thank you for continuing to be faithful to our Lord and Saviour and trusting in Him! Blessings to you always!
(I came across your blog through HSA).