Saturday, February 10, 2007

In Kentucky!

After the two bad weeks I have had, I was very much looking forward to our trip to Kentucky. Mandy and I flew to Louisville yesterday...can you believe it, the flight was only 39 minutes long! :) The flight was very smooth and everything went better then planned. Praise God!

It was so nice to see Mr. Myers, Hannah and Lydia at the airport. Seeing them just made us smile. After eating lunch, Bethany and Hannah played on their dulcimers some. I've never seen anyone that can really play a dulcimer, but they both could and they were so good. The whole family is so talented. Then Mandy and I got our guitars out. Pretty embarrassing after listening to them. We will keep working on it though.

Hannah had the idea that while we were here we could make a baby quilt. So, Mandy and I came down to pick out our fabrics. She has every color imaginable so we had a lot to choose from. When we get closer to them being finished I'll post a picture.

Last night we all watched Facing the Giants. Each time I watch that movie, God shows me something new. One part of the movie the dad tells his son that it is fear that keeps him from trying out for the team. The son was afraid he wouldn't make it. These last few weeks, I have been struggling so much with that. I am most afraid of failure and more and more I see that happening to me. I think I try to rely on my own strength or my own goodness to get me through each time instead of relying on the Lord and resting in Him. I was talking to a friend and I was mentioning this to her and I said, maybe once I learn this lesson then it will be different. And she said, No, Danielle, you will still fail, even then, because I'm not perfect. As much as I'd like to be. Anyway, if you haven't seen Facing the Giants, please go rent it. There is so much in that movie that needs to be seen by the world. It has been a blessing to me and my family.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your having a good time in KY!!!

Anonymous said...

Oops. That was from Lora <><

Anonymous said...

YES! I agree...Facing the Giants is a MUST SEE! Such awesome and Godly movies are few and far between these days.

Jena

Danielle said...

Lora, Yes we are having a great time! I'll tell you more about it when we get home. And I'll probably be posting again soon. :)

Jena,

You are right, it's hard to find good christian movies these days. Facing the Giants is excellent though!

-Danielle