Wednesday, December 13, 2006

We are Home!

I know, it's been so long since I have updated everyone...I'm sorry! We got home on Monday from Chula Vista, California. They didn't actually release my Mom, we just signed her out. She was getting so depressed from staying there, we actually thought she would get better being at home. I was very afraid though about the flight. She hadn't sat up for over 4 weeks, how could she possibly sit for 6 hours? God made it happen though!

While on the plane, my Mom found one position that wasn't too bad. She would lay over onto David where it took pressure off her sores. For about an hour and 45 minutes she was able to sleep like that. When we got to the airport in St. Louis, my sister Tara, and friend Joan were there to see us, and our friend Lora, came to pick us up. We were so happy to see all of them. My Mom's face lit up when she saw Tara. It was hard for Tara though, because last she had seen Mom, she was walking, now she can barely hold her head up...she is getting better though. :)

We've been home two days, and I'm worn out. I do really enjoy all the work though. I believe there is a reason I am learning to do all these things, I'm not sure what it is, but there has to be a purpose. Mandy and I have got it down to a system how to change my Mom, and I've learned to give shots. I thought it would scare me, but it really was quite simple. I thought I was going to hurt my Mom alot, but she said she couldn't even feel it. Thank God!

We have a nurse that comes out 3 times a week, just to check her INR in her blood and to check some vital signs for her record. My grandparents came out today and hopefully tomorrow will be back. It's nice to have some company. I still was able to get lots done today. When we got home our house was a wreck, actually we left it that way. So, Mandy and I knew we had our work cut out for us. It's hard though, trying to balance, the nursing, cooking, and cleaning. Oh...and rest, we are trying to find time for that. It's not happening too much though. David has given me permission to take naps for the past two days, but I haven't had time to take a nap yet. Today I had to go to the grocery store to get some food for us, and since then I was pretty busy. I did take like a 40 minute break though, talking to a friend from the hospital in CA. I folded clothes while I talked I made up for lost time.

Last night and today we have been putting up Christmas decorations. This is our first Christmas in 5 years we have celebrated. I'm so excited. We have the tree up, but are waiting till' Friday to do the ornaments. It's always been a tradition that all of us kids are home when we do it. It's been neat unpacking the boxes and going through the old decorations. It helps us stay in good moods.

I think that is most of the news, and I don't have time to write more. I'm sorry if it takes me a few days to post. I'll try to be more prompt about it. :)

Thanks for all of the prayers!

No comments: