Friday, August 01, 2008

Please don't forget her...




I am really having a hard time tonight. I can't exactly explain what triggered this, but I'll tell you this much, it's VERY hard for me. It seems like everyone can just replace my Mom. If she was your friend, you can get a new friend, if she was just another lady at church, there will be MORE ladies at church, if she was a teacher, you can get a new teacher, if she was a wife, you can get a new wife, but......if she was YOUR MOM, you can't get a new one. ;( I wish it was that easy where I could just go get someone that could fill in, or be just like her, but it's impossible. I'm at the point tonight that I am just wishing I could not be alive, so I could be with my Mom. I just want to see her, hug her, talk to her, tell her everything. My Dad asked me this morning if I thought she could see us from Heaven, and I really just don't know. I sure hope so, I wish she knew how much I missed her, how much I love her, how I long to be with her again, but a part of me can't believe that she knows that.


Someone asked me recently if I had pictures of my Mom when she wasn't sick. And the answer is yes, but I am not sure where they are at. I'm on a laptop right now and was looking through some pictures, but they are all from her being sick. Looking at them is hard for me, but I'm going to post some. I know you all see the same ones, and you probably get bored seeing them over and over, but I cherish these pictures so much, they are my last memories of her..... ;(

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i know it's not the same, but I miss her too... your mom was one of a kind... irreplaceable.

Lora said...

Hey, girl... I'll be praying for ya... Don't forget that God's walking with you through every stage of this, even when the rest of us just don't get it (at least, not in the same way, anyhow).

Ashley said...

Oh, dear, DEAR Danielle! I'm praying for you.

~ Ashley