Thursday, February 07, 2008

Chicken Alabam!

This is going to be sort of an odd post I am sure. But, as you all know I have been pretty attached to the camera lately, so EVEN while cooking dinner, I didn't want to put it down! ;) So, I thought I should just do a step by step recipe for making one of my favorite chicken dishes, Chicken Alabam!

I am in no way a chef of any sort, so if you see that I've done something wrong, I'm sorry! :) Hope you enjoy the recipe though. Let me know if you ever try it!!

Ingredients:
8 chicken breasts, cut in half
3/4 cup flour
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. thyme
pepper to taste
1/2 chopped onion (optional)
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup evaporated milk
1 stick butter

Directions:

In a large ziploc baggie combine flour, paprika, salt, thyme, and pepper


Coat chicken in bag

Brown the chicken breasts in 6 tbsp. of butter on Med-High heat. When brown put them in a casserole dish.

Add rest of butter to the frying pan and add onions to be sauted. After they are translucent, add chicken broth and evaporated milk. Bring to a boil and then pour over chicken mixture.

Bake at 325 for 40 minutes. Serve with mashed potatoes or rice!
ENJOY!!

4 comments:

Besh said...

It looks delicious Danielle! :)

Anonymous said...

That looks so delicious!!

Sometimes we take pictures when we cook ... lettuce, pizza, a bowl full of carrots... kneading dough.. :-) It's fun. :-)

Meliss said...

Wow,looks really delicious! Can't wait to make it!

Cheryl said...

Hey Danielle,

I just fixed your recipe for supper tonight and it was delicious!!
Thanks for sharing!

Hannah