Friday, October 13, 2006

Speaking Healing

I've been doing a lot of thinking since a recent email I received. For the last two weeks I have been so confident that my Mom would be healed. I mean, I made a commitment to believe that until she wasn't breathing. No matter what happend, I would hold onto the hope she would be healed. For about the last two days though, I've wondered, Is this okay? Am I testing God? Or being over confident that he will do this? I do not know the will of God for my Mom's life, but did the apostles know it when they healed others? It is just a constant battle going on inside for me. I don't want to give up, with what I am believing, but I also don't want the Lord to show me really how much I know, because it isn't very much. I am just holding on to what I've read and things that Jesus himself has said.

Mat 21:22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.
Luk 11:9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

So, now you know a little of what is going on inside of my head. Hopefully one of these days I will be able to figure all of these things out...maybe! :)

Now about our day! My Mom had her first round of chemotherapy. A symptom of her chemo is nausea, we aren't sure if she is feeling it or not. I mean, she is feeling sick, but she has been for a few days. We think she ate something bad on Wednesday when all that stuff happened. The doctor gave her a few pills today to help with some of the side effects, and so far it seems to be helping. I think my Mom will have another round of chemo on Monday. Usually it is every other day, but with the higher solution, I think she needs a few days.

After both treatments, my Mom and I went to lay out in the sun. I know it must sound vain, but it is good for her. Actually it is good for everyone. My Mom always feels better after laying out there. It perks her up some! :) I was feeling fine when we first were laying there, actually I fell asleep, but then someone walked by and I woke up immediately and I could tell my blood sugar was really low. I told Mandy and then walked up to the kitchen to get some almond butter. As I was walking I could feel it getting worse and worse. By the time I reached there, my arms and hands were so splochy and all my color was gone. I've never had that happen to me so fast. Usually it is a gradual process. I then took the almond butter out of the fridge and almost dropped it. That's how I found out I was really weak! Not a good way, I guess. After sitting a while and eating, I felt 100 percent better. It's amazing what a little protein and sugar can do. I'm not sure what caused this. I haven't had it happen the entire time we have been down here. I'm wondering if it is from the ice cream I had last night. I haven't had sugar in quite a long time, so maybe, possibly that could have done something. I checked my blood sugar this morning and I actually was high. Somewhere around 97, which is very odd for me. I'm usually normal somewhere around 77. I'll have to watch out for that ice cream I guess.

Well, I have no pictures today. I didn't take any. Maybe tomorrow I can try to get some. Thanks for all the prayers and comments left on my blog.


No comments: