Friday, October 20, 2006

A Wonderful Day!


I wasn't sure how the day would turn out, you know with David being gone, I figured my Mom would sink into depression again. Praise God though, because she didn't! Mandy and I woke up with excitment, thinking about Tara coming.

Well, we've been waiting, waiting, and just more waiting! Tara missed her flight this morning, so her next flight was later in the afternoon. So instead of arriving at 2:00, David thought 8:00. Well then we got another phone call saying Tara's flight is running behind schedule. So, he thought 9:00. Now, the update is that he has her with him, but they won't be here until 10:00 or 10:30. OH BOY! I just know that my Mom will be so excited and surprised, I just want her to get here. I was told she got sick on the plane though, so hopefully she is feeling better now. :)

We had a great day though. My mom finished all of her therapies by 11:00, so when we got back from radiation we weren't rushed at all. I really believe my Mom's legs are getting stronger also. She told me she isn't so sure, but I can tell that I don't have to lift as much anymore, or hold on to her when she walks. A different problem she was having is getting better also. Praise God! In the afternoon we layed out in the sun again. I couldn't believe how hot it was. It had to be in the upper 90's. We went throught almost an entire large water bottle from sitting out there. I hope the weather stays like this.

I also made gorditas today for some of the staff here and for our family. While David was still here we bought some Maseca and queso fresco and avocados. So I have almost everything for them. At first it was going really bad, because the dough was too sticky and the cheese was too clumpy. After many attempts we got the dough right and I figured out the cheese situation. So, tonight I had some dough left over, so I got to try making them all on my own. Scary huh? It actually didn't go too bad...I had enough dough to make 10 gorditas or empenadas (whatever you call them) so I saved two for Tara and David, we had some and then I was able to give some to more staff and some patients. I don't have a picture of the final product, with tomato, lettuce, and avocado, but I do have some others! :)

The picture above this is of the gorditas, not cooked. It is hard to see, because they blend in so well. And the picture below is of a frying pan with them cooking. Sorry, the pics didnt turn out too good. :(I guess that is all! I'm still just waiting...patiently. ;) I do have one other picture too to post. It didn't turn out to well either. Last night there was a beautiful sunset, but my camera didn't do to well. It was too dark outside I guess. The sun was practically down. I'll post it anyway though.
Oh, today Oswaldo, a man who works here, brought a Spanish New Testament. I've been wanting to get one, but couldn't find one here. So, he got me one. I'm almost finished with the Old Testament, so I figured this time through the New Testament, I'll read it in Spanish and English. I've heard of some people learning languages that way, so we will see how it goes. I'm very excited to start though. Maybe in a week or two.

Thanks for all the encouraging emails and prayers!
Hasta Luego!

No comments: