Saturday, October 14, 2006

An Uneventful Day...Thank God!

From the title, I guess you know that I don't have much to talk about. I'm glad though. I'm learning to like the boring days now, nothing bad happens. :)

My mom had another rough night last night, but since then she has been feeling okay. Praise God! Since today is a Saturday, there aren't many people here. Most of the staff has the day off, and lots of patients leave to go shopping or just look around Rosarito. I spent the beginning of my day in the kitchen with the ladies. They are so much fun to be around. I found out today that they don't usually let people come in. They actually have a sign on the door, but I asked Oswaldo, the guy in charge, and he said, Oh course I could go in. He said he will bring me an application on Monday to start my job! He was of course joking. :) But now, I feel much better knowing, that he doesn't mind if I am there.

This afternoon we layed out in the sun again. We have to try to fit in down here. Everyone is so dark tanned. Each day we compare and I try to say that I am morena "brown". They call Mandy blanca and me some other word, which means peach. I'm getting there though, the sun is hot here, so it's getting all of us a little darker. :)

Well, I guess that is all for now. Not too much to talk about. Tomorrow I will post pictures. Or at least I will try.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

just seeing if this will work...:)

Anonymous said...

Hahaha... I guess you'll be darker than me then... bummer =P Happy tanning! LOL