Sunday, October 29, 2006

Amazing Grace

As I started writing this, I've been listening to a song by Chris Tomlin. I guess it is a version of Amazing Grace. Here are the lyrics:

Amazing grace
How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now I'm found
Was blind, but now I see
'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear
And grace my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed
My chains are gone
I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy reigns
Unending love, Amazing grace

The Lord has promised good to me
His word my hope secures
He will my shield and portion be
As long as life endures

The earth shall soon dissolve like snow
The sun forbear to shine
But God, Who called me here below
Will be forever mine
Will be forever mine

I just love this song. The lyrics are very special to me! :)

Our weekend has been pretty good. Yesterday my Mom did wake up with a headache, but after two pain killers and 3 hours, the headache was gone. The pain pills both had side effects of drowsiness though, so my Mom was extremely tired. She had a tougher time walking also, because she was so tired. So, we decided yesterday to increase her steroids to 30 mg. instead of 24 mg. David was saying that in Mexico they were giving her the steroids through IV which makes her get all of it. But being at home she is taking it orally, and from what I've heard, some gets lost. That's the reason for increasing it to 30 mg. It worked though, My mom had no headache this morning and is feeling good. Praise God!

Yesterday we had some guys come over and chop firewood for us. It amazed me, because we didn't tell anyone we were low on wood or that we needed help, but Jake just noticed and called Stephen and Mr. Schuknecht to come and help. They ended up getting us two pick-up truck loads of fire wood. I think we will have enough for this winter now! We are so thankful to these guys.

Also, last night Lora and John Paul Tate came over to visit. It was nice to see them. I wish I could have seen Cheryl too! She is in Romania now though. She did send a gift for my Mom though. It is so special to my Mom. It is a sign that says, "God didn't promise days without pain, Laughter without sorrow, Nor sun without Rain, But he did promise strength for the day, Comfort for the tears, and Light for the Way" This sign was so appropriate for my Mom. Thanks so much Cheryl! It was really nice yesterday night to just laugh. Most things have just been so serious, these last few months. I mean, yeah, I do laugh, and things are funny, but last night topped it all! Just ask John Paul about his layers! :)

Today, I got back to doing some normal things. The last two days, dinner has been somewhat spontaneous. It turned out okay, but it wasn't really planned. So today, I made a menu for this up coming week and David went grocery shopping for me. It was difficult thinking of things to make though, I guess I have been "off work" too long. In Mexico they do all of that for us. Sometimes I think it would be so easy, if someone just made the list and I cooked what they planned. But that could get boring, never picking what you want to make. I don't know. I'll see how this week goes.

I guess that is all of my news. Please continue to pray for my Mom and that God will show me the truth. I've mentioned before about being confused. But I know the Lord will show me in his time about praying his will or asking for things. Can't wait to know! :)

Love, Danielle

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

JP says "no, don't [ask]" :-P.

Anonymous said...

We had a great time with you guys, btw :-).

Danielle said...

Lora,

ha ha ha, I didn't think you guys read the blog, I wouldn't have said that. Oops! :) Really ,he should tell his story!

I'm glad you enjoyed the time as much as we did that night!

Elizabeth Pruett said...

That is a beautiful song! I'm still praying for you all!

Anonymous said...

Yeah... :-P. People can find you anywhere! LOL.